Rob is in Africa.

10.24.2006

Am I in Russia?

Last week, a local shopkeeper invited me over for lunch. It was good, a ton of rice served inside banana fronds and some sort of fish stew. Every little shop around here (I'll take a post a picture of one soon, they are fairly unique) sells what they call "kiroba" and what sane people call "evil bags of cheap liquor". These pouches contain what the Monarch vodka people rejected, if you can believe that (or at least that is what I gauged by tasting them). So this shopkeeper, having access to many kirobas, served us the world's cheapest vodka during the entire lunch. He poured it straight, drank it warm and unmixed. Thus, I was forced to do so as well. Remember, this was lunch time, one in the afternoon. We must've drank 3 or 4 of these vile things apiece. I feel like I went to bed in Tanzania and woke up in equatorial Russia.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/25/2006 7:10 AM, Blogger Rob said…

    The best part was that he kept extolling all the virtues of drinking cheap vodka straight, like that it was "good for human energy." I'm not sure that this is a proven scientific fact.

     
  • At 10/26/2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    no, no . . . listen to the old man. It's good for you.

     
  • At 10/27/2006 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i just threw up in my mouth

    davis

     
  • At 10/28/2006 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like a liqour store with an infinite amount of lower shelves...

    It's no Thor's Hammer, I betcha.

    Way to not answer any of my honest, serious inqueries on your last post. You are a bad blogger. I will talk to the FBC and have your blogging capabilities taken away! The are not a right, THEY ARE A PRIVLEGE!!!!

     
  • At 10/31/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Davis is a woman.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home