Rob is in Africa.

5.30.2006

Here I Go Again... (on my own)

Let's see...
Today I bathed with the last of my water in all of my house (the school pump has been broken for three weeks; water has been more precious than cheeseburgers lately). This water smelled like hot dogs, and since I haven't seen a hot dog in months, I'm scared to imagine what could cause a hot dog-like smell. But that is how I smell, right now, and I think the guy next to me here at the cafe assumes I'm wearing hot dog-smelling cologne.

The big news is tomorrow we catch the overnight ferry to Mwanza, and then we start a roughly 30-hour bus trip/epic journey from Mwanza to Dar. The good news is that we get to go through Nairobi, so I will be able to say I've been in almost every country in East Africa now (neglecting Rwanda and Burundi). The bad news is that its 30 hours on a bus. I couldn't get the front seat this time either, which means its 30 cramped, uncomfortable hours. We are supposed to reach Morogoro on Sunday afternoon. After arriving I plan on a) hot shower, b) cold beer, c) getting a mullet. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

  • At 5/31/2006 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MMM...
    WhiteSnake.

    ~~Lance

     
  • At 5/31/2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Q1: Hey bro, why are you headed to the Dar? Business/Pleasure?

    Q2: Are you gonna get to spend any time up in Kenya?

     
  • At 6/05/2006 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a good time, enjoy yorself man. It's been fun reading your blogs, keep the good stuff comin.

     
  • At 6/10/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Jimmy said…

    WE need to see some pictures of this "italian style mullet and stache...," maybe it'll inspire me to a new look also...like a fu man chu and a skullet.
    -Dang

     

Post a Comment

<< Home